CageFS, a virtual filesystem that isolates each user’s data and processes. This improves server performance, stability, and security.
Some features and applications (specially developer-related programs that run from the command line) require different setting when CageFS is enabled. so, it can be useful to know whether or not your account is on a server that uses CageFS.
DETERMINING IF YOUR ACCOUNT USES CAGEFS
There are two methods to find out if an account uses CageFS.
Method #1: Use the command line
To use the command line to find out whether or not your account uses CageFS, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account using SSH.
- At the command prompt, type the following command:
- Examine the output from the check_cagefs command:
- If you see CageFS server, your account uses CageFS.
- If you see NON CageFS server, your account does not use CageFS.